National service event to converge on eight cities to make a difference
More than 400 volunteers across the country are joining forces for one day to make a difference in the communities where they live, work and play. The IMA Financial Group, Inc.’s I Make a Difference Day on April 25 will take place in eight cities and serve an incredible scope of organizations that improve people’s quality of life.
“IMA protects assets and makes a difference. It’s what we do and who we are,” said IMA Chairman and CEO Rob Cohen. “For 40 years IMA has made it a priority to give back. Allocating this special day is another example of the IMA family rising to the occasion because they believe it’s the right thing to do.”
I Make a Difference Day activities on April 25 include:
- Dallas - making a safe haven for young people more welcoming at the Children’s Advocacy Center
- Denver – giving gorillas and orangutans a spruced up habitat to enjoy at the Denver Zoo
- Houston – keeping Texas beautiful by improving the Faulkey Gully Hike & Bike Trail
- Kansas City – improving the visitor experience at the Kansas City Zoo
- Mt. Pleasant – working with the Mt. Pleasant Community Church to provide food and clothing to those in need
- Topeka – helping find forever homes for four-legged family members at Helping Hands Humane Society
- White Plains – finding a cure for a disease that’s affected too many people during Relay for Life
- Wichita – beautifying the orangutan and chimpanzee habitats at the Sedgwick County Zoo
In 2013, IMA donated more than $267,000 in volunteer time to nearly 180 community partners. The IMA Foundation receives 2.5 percent of IMA profits and gives back to advance youth, enhance economic vitality, support health and wellness and foster arts and culture.